Extend the range of a PoE connection!
The Intellinet Network Solutions 1-Port Gigabit High-Power PoE+ Extender Repeater, Model 560962, is designed to extend connection distances from a PoE source to an output device another 100 m (328 ft.) via Cat5e or Cat6 cable. You can cover even longer distances by cascading these extenders on a network. The PoE+ extender does not need any additional power supply, as it draws the power it needs from the PoE input.
Simply connect the "PoE In" port with your PoE injector or PoE switch, and connect the "PoE Out" with the PoE device that you wish to connect; e.g., a VoIP phone or a PoE network camera. That's it. There is nothing to configure. It simply could not be any easier.
Reduce Wiring Costs
No need to run AC power lines for your wireless access point, network camera or IP phone. Simply connect the PoE Extender to the LAN switch port and use the existing Cat5 cabling to deliver DC power as well as transfer data.
Power over Ethernet 802.3at Compliant
The Intellinet Network Solutions 1-Port Gigabit High-Power PoE+ Extender Repeater supports the IEEE 802.3at protocol and is designed to forward data at Gigabit speeds and up to 30 watts of input power to a connected IEEE 802.3af- or IEEE 802.3at-compliant device. The cable length on both ends can be up to 100 meters (328 ft.), bringing the total distance to 200 m (656 ft.).
You can daisy-chain multiple of the PoE extenders to increase the transmission distance even further. For each PoE extender added, you lose about 4 watts of usable PD power, but if you start with a PoE injector that outputs 30 watts of IEEE 802.3at power — for example, the Intellinet Network Solutions PoE injector (Model 560566) — then you still have 8.6 watts for your PoE device, 5 PoE extenders down the line and 600 meters (1968 ft.) away.
- Extends an existing PoE connection beyond the 100m (328-ft.) limit
- Saves time and money by delivering data and power via existing network cables
- Covers longer distances by cascading multiple PoE extenders (Model 560962) together
- Daisy-chain up to five PoE extenders for a distance of up to 600 m (1968 ft.)
- Supports 10/100/1000 Mbps data rates and delivers up to 25 W to a connected PoE device
- PoE awareness ensures that power is only sent to IEEE 802.3af/at-compliant devices, non-PoE devices only receive data
- Requires no additional power supply; draws the power directly from the PoE input
- Compatible to IEEE 802.3at/af-compliant PoE injectors and PoE switches (PSE)
- Compatible to IEEE 802.3at/af-compliant powered devices (PD)
- LEDs for PoE and data
- Fanless design ideal for silent operation
- Compact metal case
- Mounting holes for wall mounting
- ATTENTION: Not compatible to 16-Port Fast Ethernet PoE+ Switch model 560849
- Three-Year Warranty
- IEEE 802.3af (Power over Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3at (High-Power PoE+ Power over Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3ab (Gigabit Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX Fast Ethernet)
- Media support:
- 100Base-TX Cat5 UTP/STP RJ45, 8 pin
- 1000Base-T Cat5e UTP/STP RJ45, 8 pin
- 1 RJ45 10/100/1000 Mbps input port for 48V IEEE 802.3af/at-compliant signal
- 1 RJ45 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE output port
- Certifications: FCC Class A, CE
- Max PD output power
- 24.6 W when using one PoE extender @ 200 m (656 ft.) combined cable length
- 20 W when using two PoE extenders @ 300 m (984 ft.) combined cable length
- 16.2 W when using three PoE extenders @ 400 m (1312 ft.) combined cable length
- 12.5 W when using four PoE extenders @ 500 m (1640 ft.) combined cable length
- 8.6 W when using five PoE extenders @ 600 m (1968 ft.) combined cable length
- Input power: IEEE 802.3af/at compliant PSE
- Metal housing
- Dimensions: 102.8 (L) x 31 (W) x 20 (H) [mm] / 4.05 (L) x 1.22 (W) x 0.79 (H) [in]
- Weight: 0.1 kg (0.22 lbs.)
- Operating temperature: -10 – 50°C (14 – 122°F)
- Gigabit High-Power PoE+ Extender Repeater