Gigabit Fiber SFP Optical Transceiver Module
The new line of Intellinet Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Transceivers provides customers with a combination of performance and affordability. These mini-GBIC (Gigabit Interface Converter) modules come in a metal housing that reduces electromagnetic interference and increases their durability.
Small Size for High-Density Fiber Connections
The transceiver comes in a mini-GBIC form factor, making it ideal for environments that require many fiber connections by taking up less space in your cabinet and/or computer room.
Compatibility in your network is everything, and the Intellinet SFP Transceiver Module (model 507509) delivers. Use it with any Intellinet SFP equipped network switch or any other MSA compliant SFP enabled switch. And since the Intellinet SFP transceiver module is set to broadcast the vendor pn GLC-BX-U, compatibility to your Cisco gear is provided.
The Intellinet Gigabit Fiber WDM Bi-Directional SFP Optical Transceiver Module (model 507509) is fully hot-pluggable, and that allows you to install the module without rebooting your network switch for uninterrupted network traffic.
Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM)
The Intellinet Gigabit Fiber WDM Bi-Directional SFP Optical Transceiver Module (model 507509) supports standard digital diagnostics monitoring (DDM) functions, also known as digital optical monitoring (DOM). This gives the user the ability to monitor parameters of the SFP, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current, and transceiver supply voltage, in real time.
WDM (bi-directional wavelength division multiplexing) Technology Advantage
The Intellinet Gigabit Fiber WDM Bi-Directional SFP Optical Transceiver Module utilizes a single strand of fiber to transmit network traffic on separate receive and transmit wavelengths (1310/1550 nm). This innovative technology allows you to effectively use the two strands for two independent connections or to double the capacity without laying a second fiber cable. Note that this transceiver (model 507486) must be used in conjunction with item 507486.
- Fits any Intellinet Gigabit Ethernet switch with SFP module slots, or any MSA or Cisco compliant SFP port
- Must be used with Gigabit Fiber WDM Bi-Directional SFP Optical Transceiver Module, model 507486
- Data transfer rate: 1000 Mbps
- One 1000Base-LX single-mode Fiber LC port
- Fiber distance support: up to 10 km (6.2 mi.)
- WDM (wavelength division multiplexing) technology utilizes only one strand of fiber to transmit data on separate receive and transmit wavelengths
- Wavelengths: receive (RX), 1550 nm; transmit (TX), 1310 nm
- Compliant with the SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA)
- Compatible with the Cisco GLC-BX-U transceiver
- SFP standard form factor
- Supports digital diagnostics monitoring (DDM)
- Low EMI due to fully metallic housing
- Up to 1.25 Gbps bi-directional communication
- Supports hot-plugging
- Three-Year Warranty
- IEEE 802.3z (Fiber Optic Gigabit Ethernet)
- Media support: 1000Base-LX single-mode 9/125 µm Fiber
- Connector: Fiber LC port, 1000Base-LX
- Distance: 10 km
- Receive (RX): 1550 nm
- Transmit (TX): 1310 nm
- Fiber power budget:
- Maximum TX power: -3 dB
- Minimum TX power: -8 dB
- Sensitivity: -24 dB
- Power budget: 16 dB
- Design: SFP (small form factor pluggable), 1.25 Gbps
- Certifications: FCC Class A, CE Mark, RoHS
- Power requirement: 3.3 V
- Power consumption: 1.0 Watt (maximum)
- Dimensions: 57 (L) x 14 (W) x 12 (H) mm (2.24 x 0.55 x 0.5 in.)
- Weight: 37 g (1.3 oz.)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 70°C (32 – 158°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 – 85% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -40 – 85°C (-40 – 185°F)
- Gigabit Fiber WDM Bi-Directional SFP Optical Transceiver Module